Have you ever made brownies then felt great disappointment when you taste them and they are dry and cakey, not dense and gooey as a good brownie should be? Never fear, I can guarantee chocolatey gooeyness with these guys.
Not only are these absolutely delicious, they are really easy to make and a healthier alternative to your regular sugar laden brownie plus they’re gluten free too! Seriously what more do you want from us!
I’m not one to celebrate Valentine’s Day with my boyfriend but if you are…..these would be the perfect choice! Go on indulge yourselves!
Vegan & gluten-free chocolate brownies
Makes 15 brownies
1 cup of dates
1 cup of raw almonds
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
1/2 cup ground almonds
45g chopped dark chocolate (sugar free)
1/2 cup of raw walnuts
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp milled chia seeds mixed with 3 tbsp water (or use flax seeds)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray (i used an 11″x 7″ one) with greaseproof paper.
2. In a saucepan add the dates and cover with water, cook down for 10-15 minutes on a medium heat until soft and gooey.
3. Into the blender add the whole almonds and blitz for 30 seconds. Add the cocoa power, ground almonds, dark chocolate and walnuts and blitz together until the walnuts are chopped up.
4. In a small bowl mix together the milled chia seeds and mix with water. Add to the blender along with the maple syrup.
5. Once the dates have boiled down add to the blender and mix everything together.
6. Spread the mixture evenly in the baking tin and bake for 15 minutes.
7. Leave to cool in the tray and once cooled cut into squares. Keep in the fridge.