We’ve waited a very long, dark winter and rather rainy spring for soft fruits to come back round into season. And I know I’m not the only one gorging themselves now it is finally upon us. Strawberries are of course the first of the year to ripen (just in time for Wimbledon) and there’s plenty to make with them! Unless you’re my Mum of course who thinks they are so good you should just eat them raw…
Well Veronica had different ideas with her Strawberry Galette which she shared with us last strawberry season. I have kept them raw, strictly speaking but have blended them up with cashews to make this delicious and creamy raw strawberry and cashew mousse.
It’s so quick and easy to make you have to give it a try. It makes the perfect dessert for a long, warm summer’s evening.
Vegan Strawberry Mousse
150g raw cashews
1 tsp coconut oil
2 tbsp agave syrup
- Soak the cashew in cold water for at least two hours or preferably overnight.
- Rinse them thoroughly and leave to drain.
- Blend them with the coconut oil and agave syrup until they begin to form a smooth creamy texture. This will take a while so just keep blending.
- Add in the strawberries a handful at a time then blend until completely smooth.
- Divide into serving bowls and chill in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Serve with chopped strawberries and some sprinkles. I used hemp seeds and cacao nibs.
Enjoy strawberry season! After all the next one is a long time coming : )