Happy 2017! I’ve been trying to perfect my granola game for a while now, and I think I’ve done it! This Earl Grey Granola is super tasty and also low in sugar, shop bought granolas definitely aren’t. Make a batch at the weekend and you’ll be sorted for the week. Sprinkle it on top of your porridge, or cook some apples and dollop some coconut yoghurt on top – breakfast game changer!
1 cup oats
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 tspn cinnamon
1/2 cup hazelnuts
1/2 cup pecans
1 earl grey tea bag
1/4 cup of water
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tspn nut butter (I used cashew)
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Mix the oats, coconut, pumpkin and sunflower seeds in a large mixing bowl along with the cinnamon.
- In a food processor, add the hazelnuts and pecans and blitz for a couple of seconds until roughly chopped or just use a sharp knife!
- Add the nuts to the oat mix and stir through.
- In a small saucepan, add the teabag, water, nut butter, maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Melt on a medium heat and then add to the oat mixture and mix thoroughly.
- On a lined baking tray pour the mixture and spread out evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 180C.
- Once cooked, leave to cool and then store in an airtight container.