Apologies for my long time absence. Things have been hectic over here mainly because I’ve been moving house. But, now things are starting to bear a semblance of normality, and I’m getting my butt back into blogging. How’s things with you guys, what have I missed?
Looking back at my last post, we were well and truly in summer, but those days definitely feel over so I’m going to embrace these more autumnal days. The other weekend I went out and picked some blackberries and if you’re quick you can still get some too! My parents have an awesome apple tree and they’re so tart…so apple and blackberries scream pie or galette (posh sounding easier to make pie)!
Blackberry and Apple Galette [vegan]
170g spelt flour
75g xylitol or sugar
70ml cold water
1 tspn ground cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour and margarine and rub together until it resembles fine breadcrumbs, add 25g xylitol or sugar.
- Add the cold water (the colder the better)and stir until it comes together to form a dough.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface, until about 5mm thin.
- Grease a baking tray, and transfer the rolled out pastry onto the tray.
- Peel and thinly cut the apple and lay onto the pastry along with the blackberries and coat with the remaining xylitol or sugar.
- Fold the pastry edges into the edge of the filling. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- I served with dairy free ice cream.