I love pancakes, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE pancake day. These vegan pancakes are so easy to make and you definitely don’t need any eggs to make them! Just make sure you’ve got your favourite plantbased milk and flour in the cupboard and you’re all set to get flipping!
When I was growing up we pretty much saved our pancake eating to once a year. If you follow me on Instagram you’ll see that pancakes are more of a weekly thing in my house now, I tend to mix the toppings up a bit depending what I’ve got in the house. But sometimes you can’t beat a traditional crepe style, doused in lemon and sugar. If you’re looking for more of an american style thick pancake recipe then this, this or this might be up your street. I’ve got your pancake needs covered this year don’t you worry!
Pancakes with lemon and sugar
200g plain flour
400ml plantbased milk (I used oat milk)
A pinch of salt
1 tspn vanilla extract (optional)
25g vegan margarine
2 tbsp caster sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour and milk and whisk using a balloon whisk until you’ve got a smooth batter.
- Add the salt and vanilla extract and stir through. Leave to sit for thirty minutes but only if you’ve got time.
- Meanwhile, heat your frying pan on a medium heat and melt a little (not all) of the margarine.
- When the pan is hot, ladle the batter into the pan and cook for a few minutes, flip the pancake to cook the other side. Add a little extra margarine before each pancake.
- Serve with plenty of lemon juice and caster sugar.
Or you could even melt some dark chocolate, and serve with coconut yoghurt. Or cook some apples and sprinkle with cinnamon. The list is pretty much endless when it comes to pancakes!