What’s going on with this heat? Last week we were moaning that it felt like winter, now we’re in the midst of a bloomin’ heatwave! I’m definitely NOT complaining. I love the heat. I love having all the doors and windows open. Love the amazing sunsets. And love actually wearing my summery clothes. When the weather reaches these dizzy heights I cling onto my childhood memories, when I’m sure summer holidays were definitely sunnier than they appear to be these days. Perhaps I have a rose tinted view of those idealistic days, when the only care was what time the ice cream van was rocking up, or which tree we’d be climbing. But, summer memories definitely involve summer berries that’s for sure. And what better way to enjoy the raspberries you’ll be a picking than in this super tasty Raspberry Cheesecake.
For the base:
150g medjool dates
50g coconut oil (melted)
For the filling:
1 block firm tofu
50g coconut oil
1 tbsp rice/fruit/agave syrup
- In a food processor, blend the dates, almonds and oats until thoroughly chopped. Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan on a low heat and blend with the nut mixture, it should combine slightly.
- Add to your tin (I used mini tart tins), press down firmly using your hands and pop in the fridge for a couple of hours to set.
- Drain the tofu, and blend in the processor until smooth. Add the raspberries, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Melt the coconut oil and add along with the syrup and blend once more until combined.
- Spread evenly over the base and leave in the fridge for another few hours until firm.
- Top with fresh fruit.
Get picking those raspberries 🙂