Despite the weather being
a bit very crappy during June it looks like Summer has started to arrive. Wimbledon marks the start of Strawberry season for me, and hopefully all the rain won’t ruin crops this year, because we’ve got A LOT of strawberries to eat!
This creamy strawberry ice cream is the perfect dessert to cool down on a hot summer’s evening especially with some more strawberries PLUS it’s so easy to make. I always thought of ice cream as being a pain in the butt to make, but this is super simple. Just make sure you’re not rushing out so you can keep going back to the freezer for the first few hours to whip it up and ensure you have a creamy ice cream.
Strawberry ice cream
800ml (2 tins) coconut milk
2 tbsp agave syrup
1 tspn vanilla extract
- Wash and de-stalk the strawberries.
- In a food processor, empty the coconut cream and mix until smooth.
- Add the strawberries and mix together with the coconut cream until thoroughly combined.
- Add the xylitol, agave syrup and vanilla extract and blend through.
- Empty into a suitable tub/tin that will survive in the freezer and pop in the freezer.
- Every 30 minutes, stir through to stop large crystals forming, you’ll need to do this four or five times, basically the more times the better – you’ll get a smoother creamier texture and thank yourself when eating it.
Happy summertime 🙂