Last Sunday we celebrated my Dad’s 70th birthday with a day trip on the canal, it’s a firm family favourite – spending the day drifting down the canal and tackling a lock or two! We moored our boat up and enjoyed a mega feast, my offering to the table was this delicious vegan potato salad. Roasting the potatoes makes this salad a little more special rather than your ordinary boiled type, and with all the herbs used there is no danger of this not tasting absolutely delicious.
If you’ve got a barbeque planned over the summer, why not make this vegan potato salad to serve alongside these tasty Beetroot and Black Bean Burgers?
Roasted Herby Vegan Potato Salad
1kg new potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves
3 sprigs of rosemary
Handful of mint leaves
Handful of parsley
Handful of coriander
A few sprigs of dill
Salt and pepper
- Par-boil the potatoes in a large saucepan for five minutes. Drain the potatoes.
- In a large roasting tin, add the potatoes and drizzle with olive oil. Add the garlic cloves still with their skin on, and the rosemary sprigs.
- Place in the oven at 190C. Roast for 40 minutes.
- Finely chop the rest of the herbs.
- After 20 minutes, turn the potatoes over in the pan so they are evenly roasted.
- Once roasted until lightly crispy, remove the potatoes from the oven. Remove the rosemary sprigs and garlic, and add the chopped herbs. Season with salt and pepper and stir the herbs through.
- Serve straight away, or leave to cool and eat cold.