A super speedy recipe to liven up your houmous. You can’t beet some roasted beetroot AND garlic, and this makes a really sweet flavour combination. Forget your pickled beetroot THIS is where you can truly appreciate the awesomeness of beetroot.
Roasted Beetroot and Garlic Houmous
240g (1 tin) chickpeas
2 tbsp tahini
3 cloves garlic
1/2 juice of lemon
Handful of fresh coriander
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp water
- Peel the beetroot and chop into small chunks. In a baking tray, roast the beetroot and garlic cloves in the oven for 35 minutes with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Meanwhile, blend the chickpeas in a food processor along with the tahini. Add the lemon juice.
- Once the beetroot is cooked, add it to the chickpea mix. Peel the skin of the garlic cloves and pop in the mixture, and drain any excess olive oil into the processor too.
- Blend until smooth, this may take awhile depending on the power of your blender.
- Add the coriander and season with salt and pepper.