I’ve got another delicious pumpkin recipe this week. I still had half a pumpkin leftover from last week and hadn’t quite got round to using it up, but I don’t think you can ever get too much pumpkin at this time of year!
300g risotto rice
2 cloves of garlic
5 or 6 stalks of cavolo nero
1 litre vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
- Peel and cube the pumpkin and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan on a medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Chop the onion and garlic and cook in the pan until softened.
- Add the risotto rice to the pan and coat with the oil and onion.
- Add a little of the vegetable stock, and stir continuously until the stock as soaked up, keep adding the stock a little at a time and repeat until nearly all the stock has gone.
- Chop and wash the cavolo nero and add to the risotto, along with the roasted pumpkin.
- Continue stirring and add the remaining stock.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Super tasty and warming autumnal dinner.