Looking for a delicious pancake recipe for pancake day? I’ve got just the thing. These are a bit of a cross between a traditional crépe and an american style pancake. The lemon adds a zing along with the blueberries, make sure you’ve got them drowning in maple syrup to give you the sweetness you deserve!
And let’s just take a moment to scroll down and take a look at my cinemagraph, yes the maple syrup is dripping down the stack of pancakes! It’s not perfect, but it’s not too shabby for a first attempt.
- 200g gluten-free flour (use normal plain flour, if you don't need these to be gluten-free)
- 250ml plant-based milk
- 100g blueberries
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tspn baking powder
- Rind of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Mix together the water and flax seed to allow it to go gloopy.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour and baking powder together, along with the lemon rind.
- Add the milk, vanilla extract, and flax seed mixture.
- Using a balloon whisk or a wooden spoon, beat the mixture together thoroughly.
- Heat a frying pan with a little of the oil, add half a ladle full of batter.
- Pop a few blueberries in the pancake, and when it starts bubbling, turn the pancake using a spatula.
- Once cooked on both sides, remove from the pan and repeat until you've used all the batter.
- Keep the cooked pancakes warm on a baking tray under the grill.
- Stack the pancakes and serve with maple syrup, additional blueberries and lemon juice.